A sarong is a versatile piece of fabric that can be used in various ways, making it a great addition to your wardrobe or travel essentials. It is a must-have summer friend but it can keep you great company throughout the year, if you use it unconventionally.
Here are some different ways to use a sarong:
1. Wrap Skirt: This is one of the most common uses of a sarong. Simply tie it around your waist to create a stylish skirt. Here is a great example with Cleo Gatzeli’s hand-drawn sarong “Siesta”.
2. Beach Cover-Up: Drape the sarong around your body and tie it at the neck to create a beach cover-up or a halter dress.
3. Shawl or Scarf: On cooler evenings, you can use a sarong as a shawl or scarf to keep warm. See how the "Ficus" sarong is being gracefully draped over the shoulders.
4. Head Wrap: Fold the sarong into a long strip and use it as a head wrap or turban to protect your hair from the sun or keep it out of your face.
5. Belt or Sash: Wrap a sarong around your waist and tie it to cinch in a loose-fitting dress or to add a pop of color to your outfit.
6. Sundress: Fold the sarong diagonally and tie it around your neck to create a quick and easy sundress. Especially when the sarong is as cool and refreshing as the Pina Colada sarong by Cleo Gatzeli.
7. Beach Towel: Lay the sarong on the sand or a beach chair to use it as a beach towel.
8. Picnic Blanket: Spread the sarong out on the ground for a quick picnic blanket.
9. Baby Sling: In a pinch, you can use a sarong as a makeshift baby sling.
10. Tablecloth: Use a clean sarong as a tablecloth for an outdoor picnic or casual dining.
11. Curtain or Room Divider: Hang a sarong as a curtain or room divider to add a touch of color and privacy to a room. Have a look at the "Salparo" sarong.
12. Yoga Mat: Fold a sarong and use it as a lightweight yoga mat when you're on the go.
13. Pillowcase: In a hotel or hostel, you can use a sarong as a makeshift pillowcase by wrapping it around a hotel pillow for hygiene.
14. Fashion Accessory: Tie a sarong around your handbag or tote as a decorative accessory.
15. Sling Bag: Fold the sarong into a triangle, tie two corners together, and wear it as a makeshift sling bag to carry small items.
16. Seat Cover: If you're in a hot or sunny location, place a sarong on your car seat to keep it cool.
17. Fashion Top: Experiment with different ways to tie the sarong around your upper body to create unique fashion tops.
18. Draped Skirt: Instead of tying the sarong, simply drape it around your waist to create a more flowy, bohemian skirt.
19. Fashion Belt: Fold the sarong into a narrow strip and use it as a belt to cinch dresses, tunics, or oversized shirts.
20. Shoulder Wrap: If you're wearing a sleeveless top or dress, drape the sarong over your shoulders as an elegant cover-up.
Remember that the way you tie or fold the sarong can greatly affect the look you achieve, so don't be afraid to get creative and experiment with different styles to suit your fashion needs or practical uses.